About Me

Calgary, AB, Canada
I am a 24 year old student athlete racing for the UCI Continental H and R Block Pro Cycling Team. I am also working on attaining my degree in Kinesiology from the University of Calgary.

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Good Vibes Only

I’ve never understood the phrase “thank god it’s Friday!” Think about it, you spend 5 days of the week waiting for just 2. That means you’re wasting 5/7th of your life in hopes that 2 days of the week will help you get through the other 5.  It took me a while to do the math but over one’s life, you spend about 68 600 hours at work (40 hour weeks, 49 weeks a year, 35 year career) THINK OF ALL THE THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH 68 600 hours!!!! That’s a lot of time to be grumpy if you hate what you do.

I recently took a trip to Bow Cycle in Calgary. Upon walking through the front door, I was greeted with some of the happiest people I have ever encountered. All employees were jovial and friendly and eager to help me out. I’m about 99% sure that if you were to ask the employees of Bow if they thought they were wasting 68 600 hours of their lives doing something they hate, the answer would be NOPE.

I came into cycling a little later in life and its stores like Bow Cycle that have allowed me to progress to where I am today. Friendly and passionate people that keep the gears going in a sport that can be at times quite difficult.

Buying or having work done on your bike should never be a stressful experience. Bow Cycle takes the top step when it comes to customer service and friendliness. Life is too short to stress about little things. Let the pros at Bow do what they do so that you can focus on the important things; ripping it on your bike.


Thanks to the whole crew at Bow, keep being awesome and making this sport just that much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment