About Me

Calgary, AB, Canada
I am a 24 year old student athlete racing for the UCI Continental H and R Block Pro Cycling Team. I am also working on attaining my degree in Kinesiology from the University of Calgary.

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Bro, did you even lift during your undergrad?

If coming back to school has taught me anything, it's that:
1- I look old on campus 

2- The university weight room could be feature on National Geographic's matting with primates special





 3- School is really expensive. 




With that last point in mind, and seeing that I hope to become a pro cyclist, I'm going to have to come up with different ideas on how to make money. I've jotted down a few ideas that will put me on Forbes rich list by the time i'm 25 (wait thats next year.... maybe 30)


Bailey's top business ideas:

  • Sell pumpkin spice lattes. Anywhere you find a mass of girls wearing yoga pants. It doesn't even have to be an actual pumpkin latte. Fill a cup of milk, put some orange dye in it, top it with whipped cream and sprinkle some cinnamon on top. Charge 5.99$. You will make a million before December comes around. 
  • Bathing suits that double as halloween costumes. Nudity seems to be a trending fashion this halloween. Why not use that Mickey Mouse shirt as a swim top. 
  • A massage chair that you set up just outside an exam room. Didn't have time to finish those last 25 questions? Let my massage chair put you in an extreme state of relaxation. Only 10 bucks a minute.
  • A "health drink" that has some sort of berry in it you can't pronounce. "For an additional 4 bucks, this rare Puerto Rican ajiji pipi berry will boost the cellular expansion process in a chemical form of the lower intestine (throw in any type of bio word you can think of)". Cash or debit?
  • A pill that eliminates sleep. This one isn't even funny. If someone invents this, I'll fund you, with the millions I made from selling lattes. 
  • Start a University. Or a class that has 500 students paying upwards of 600 bucks to write 2 midterms and a final that can be marked by a computer. Offer no tutorials. Sit back and watch your bank account balloon with poor students' money as they try and fill useless credits with elective classes. 

In other news, I wrapped up another season on the bike and was in much need of some R and R. I was hoping the day wouldn't come where white fluff covered the ground but it finally arrived. I rolled over in bed this morning, looked out the window and did this for about 4 hours:


But hey, maybe I'll start this thing called "skiing" I think I'm saying it right? Apparently you just glide on snow for an extended period of time....

Some exciting news coming up. Check back in to see what it is, unless school has forced me into some deep coma, then I probably won't write anything for a while. 


No comments:

Post a Comment